1. Cook quinoa according to package.
2. Place veggies on an oven-proof pan. Place chickpeas on a second oven-proof pan. Sprinkle with all the seasonings.
3. Roast the veggies for 45 minutes, checking on them and removing from the oven if they start to burn. Bake the chickpeas for 20 minutes.
4. Slice the onion. Cook with water until all water has evaporated (around 30 minutes) on medium-high heat.
5. Mix caramelized onion with quinoa.
6. Cut basil leaves. Add basil and quinoa to a large casserole dish. Mix with roasted veggies. Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. (Add olive oil at the end.) Cover and reheat if needed.
7. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.