1. Fill one small bowl/cup with water and the other with sugar.
2. Roll sticks/strings in water then in sugar.
3. Let dry.
4. Fill jars with cooled sugar water.
5. Immerse sticks or strings in the liquid making sure that they do NOT reach the bottom of the jar.
6. Suspend the string by tying it around a pencil and laying the pencil on the opening of the jar and a stick by holding it up with a clothespin and laying the pin on the opening of the jar.
7. Let sit for two to three days.
8. To release rock candy from jar you may need to run the bottom of the jar in warm water.
9. Crack the surface,pull out rock candy and enjoy!