1. Place string beans in a large frying pan and cover generously with water.
2. Add salt and bring to a boil.
3. After three to four minutes remove string beans from heat and place into a bowl with ice water, to stop the cooking. (They will be on the crispier side, but if you are rewarming for Shabbos they will cook more then.)
4. Drain the ice water from the bowl, and set aside.
5. Slice onions into small half rings.
6. Sauté in oil over medium heat for approximately half an hour.
7. Remove from pan and set aside.
8. Add thinly sliced meat to the pan, and sauté for a half hour.
9. Add string beans and onions and remove from heat.
10. Season with sea salt.
11. Right before serving, add sunflower seeds.