1. Place the rice in a saucepan, cover with the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for one minute, stir with a fork, place bay leaf on top, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 18 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove and discard the bay leaf and set the pan aside off heat.
2. Cook the eggs in simmering water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Peel, cut into quarters and set aside.
3. Cook the carrots in boiling water for about five minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for two to three minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder, salt and cardamom, cover the pan and cook for five to six minutes or until the pieces are golden.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for another one to two minutes.
6. Add the rice to the pan. Stir to distribute the ingredients evenly. Add the carrots, peas and lemon juice and cook for three to four minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are hot.
7. Spoon into a serving bowl. Place the quartered eggs around the bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.