Kids Can Cook!
Fun in the kitchen with Leora Nachman + Story time with Rabbi Nachman Seltzer!
Click here to enter our contest to win a prize from Toys 2 Discover!
Cook along with Leora Nachman:
Roasted Tomato Soup (Perfect for Pesach, Artscroll 2017)
Leora Nachman’s Pizza Bourekas:
Yield: 8 bourekas
8 squares puff pastry, defrosted
¼ cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce of your choice
1/3 cup shredded cheese
1 tbsp. dried basil
1 egg, beaten
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lay your puff pastry squares on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Spoon a small amount of marinara sauce on one corner of each puff pastry square, leaving room at the edges for the bourekas to seal properly.
3. Sprinkle cheese on the sauce, then sprinkle lightly with dried basil.
4. Fold the opposite corner over the filled side, creating a triangle shape. Use a fork to seal the edges.
5. With a pastry brush, brush beaten egg on the bourekas, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.