Here is a cute idea that involves many activities. I hope you enjoy this baking, drawing, painting, and playing activity!!
Use as many square cookies as you like to create a puzzle.
You will need:
- Square cookies using your favorite cookie dough recipe. You can use any size square cookie cutter to create your cookies (I used a 2-inch).
- Rolled fondant or royal icing
- Edible Paint (recipe below)
- Paintbrush and/or q-tips for painting
1. Ice the square cookies using royal icing or rolled fondant. For rolled fondant-roll out the dough using a rolling pin and use the same cookie cutter that you used for the cookies to cut out the fondant. Attach the fondant to the cookie using a drop of karo syrup or a drop of water.
2. Using your edible markers, draw an image on the cookies.
3. Use the edible paint to paint the cookies. For best results, dab the paintbrush on a paper towel before painting the icing or use q-tips.
4. Allow to dry.
To Make Edible Paint
For each color, you will need:
- 2 ounces Everclear or other high-proof grain alcohol
- 1/2 tablespoon gel food coloring
1. Place your food coloring into a container. Pour in your Everclear. Mix and cover with the lid. Let the mixture cure for about six to eight hours.
2. Strain out the gel clumps.
Looking for more edible crafts to make this Chanukah? Check out all of them here!
Author: Esther Ottensoser
Editorial: Rachel Kor
Photography: Hudi Greenberger