9 Delicious Chestnut Recipes To Make All Season Long!
Sponsored by Gefen
Tis the season for cozy sweaters, chunky scarves, hearty stews, and well, chestnuts! Chestnuts are one of those ingredients that are comforting, delicious and just hit the spot when there’s a chill in the air. The only downside? They can be a real pain to roast.
That’s why we use Gefen Roasted Chestnuts. That’s right– Gefen does all the work for you! Their chestnuts are already peeled and roasted to perfection, so all you have to do is sit back and snack.
And as you’ll see from the recipes below, there are so many incredible ways to cook with them too. You can mix them into challah stuffing, caramelize them (yum!), turn them into a spread (move over Nutella), or bake them into a cake or babka. The possibilities are endless!
Whatever you decide to create with them, just make sure to buy a couple of extra bags to store in the pantry. You’ll want to snack on these babies all season long!
- Smoked Turkey Chestnut Challah Stuffing by Chanie Apfelbaum
- Chestnut Chocolate Babka by Shushy Turin
- Honey-Garlic Squash by Michal Frischman
- Green Beans with Chestnuts, Pomegranates and Lemony Tahini by Ruth Fox and Vicky Cohen
- Rice and Pasta Dish by Brynie Greisman
- Caramelized Chestnuts by Faigie Davidowitz
- Pesto Squash and Sausages by Erin Grunstein
- Chestnut Cake from the Nitra Cookbook
- Chestnut Spread by Sabrina Oziel