1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. To make the crust: In a large bowl, place brown sugar and 1/3 cup + one tablespoon oil; mix to combine. Add flour, cinnamon, oats, salt, and baking soda. Mix well until moistened, and mixture holds together somewhat. If necessary, add another tablespoon of oil.
3. Reserve one and 3/4 cups of this mixture, and press the remaining crumbs onto a Gefen Parchment lined nine x 13-inch (20×30-centimeter) baking pan.
4. In a medium bowl, place apples, flour, and cinnamon; mix. Carefully spread over crust. Place dollops of caramel spread on apples, flattening them gently with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the apples, pressing down slightly. Drizzle warmed honey all over the top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and done. Turn off oven, open door, and leave inside for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.
6. Serve garnished with pomegranate arils, if desired. These bars can be frozen.