1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Place the cauliflower in a steaming basket set in a small saucepan with one inch of simmering water, cover, and steam for eight to 10 minutes, until the cauliflower can be effortlessly pierced with a knife. [Ed. note: If using frozen cauliflower, you can skip this step. Simply thaw completely and proceed.] Cool slightly on a baking sheet or cutting board.
3. In a food processor, purée two-thirds of the steamed cauliflower with the mustard, potato starch, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Chop the remaining cauliflower into one-eighth- to one-fourth-inch pieces (or pulse in a food processor until roughly chopped). Add to the puréed mixture. Stir in the parsley, capers, red pepper flakes, and half a teaspoon of the salt. Fold in one cup of the bread crumbs. Adjust seasonings. Shape into six patties.
5. Combine the remaining half cup bread crumbs, remaining three-fourths teaspoon salt, and the Parmesan on a plate. Gently dredge the patties in the crumbs so they are coated on both sides and the edges. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the burgers are firm and uniformly browned.
Editor’s note: After eating Parmesan cheese one must wait six hours before eating meat. See more on this, including a list of all hard cheeses that require waiting, here.