1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix very well until fully combined. If using chocolate chips, stir them in with a spatula or wait until you’ve formed the cookies and then gently press three chocolate chips into each cookie.
3. Let sit for half an hour to soften oats. (Not necessary but recommended.)
4. Lightly wet your hands and form 12 balls. Place each ball on the lined mat and press into a cookie shape. Top with chocolate chips, if using and if not mixed into the batter.)
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These can be frozen, but taste best slightly defrosted.