Yields approximately 30 cookies
– Before the second baking, you can sprinkle the biscotti with some turbinado sugar or cinnamon sugar for some added sweetness and crunch. Alternatively, dip the cookies in chocolate when cool.
– Biscotti improve in flavor after a day or two, so they’re the perfect dessert to prepare ahead. Keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
– Biscotti freeze beautifully as well.
Flavor Suggestions (add your flavors just after the flour is mixed in and incorporate thoroughly):
– Lemon poppy: Add the zest of one lemon + one tablespoon poppy seeds.
– Almond cranberry: Add 1/2 cup sliced almonds + 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
– Caramel pecan: Add 1/2 cup caramel chips + 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
– Double chocolate: Use 1/4 cup less flour than the recipe calls for and add 1/2 cup cocoa powder + 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Photography by Saraizel Senderovits