Even broccoli haters can’t resist this healthy veggie when served as a soup. This is a classic broccoli soup—clean, fresh and flavorful. The wontons add an element of contrast, bringing texture and crunch to this otherwise smooth soup.
Prepare the Soup
1. Melt margarine in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, leek and garlic and sauté for five minutes.
2. Coarsely chop broccoli, add to pot, and sauté for three minutes.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Purée until smooth.
4. Add whip topping, then simmer an additional 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the Wontons
1. Sauté onion and season with salt and pepper. Add shredded chicken and mix.
2. Fill wonton wrappers and deep-fry until golden. Add to soup bowls immediately before serving.