1. In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil, cabbage, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the garam masala, curry powder, and turmeric. Let simmer for about 10 minutes until all the flavors combine nicely.
3. Add water, coconut water, and no-chicken base. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
4. Add the cilantro and the chickpeas. Simmer for at least 45–60 minutes.
5. Serve over grain of choice.
6. Add the carrots and mushrooms. Cook on high heat for a few minutes.