1. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Macerate fruit w/little lemon juice and cinnamon in a large ziploc.
3. In a medium bowl, mix (whisk or fork) oil and sugar, then add eggs, vanilla, and zest and mix.
4. Combine together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the bowl and mix.
5. Grease pan (any size, I use an eight-to-nine-inch round), pour in the batter covering surface evenly. Remove fruit from bag, lightly pat off some moisture and scatter over the dough, covering it completely. Finish with a light dusting of sugar, dash of cinnamon.
6. Bake 45 minutes to one hour depending on pan size. When toothpick in center is clean, pie nicely browned and smells divine – ready to enjoy!
7. Remember the secret ingredient is always love – sprinkle generously!
– pear with ginger and cinnamon; apple with cinnamon and cardamom; cranberry, walnut and chocolate chip
· skip macerating the fruit; spritz a dash of lemon juice on top of the pie
· fruit on bottom, dough on top
· whole wheat, coconut sugar option