1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Place a little water in a large pot. Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, add cauliflower, and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Mash with a potato masher until fine, but not mushy. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add onion, egg, parsley, olive oil, seasonings, and hot sauce if using. Mix together. Add almond flour and Parmesan cheese, if using, and mix gently until well combined.
5. Shape into small balls, using about two tablespoons per ball. Place the balls on the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil, and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.