1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about five to seven minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper and let cook for an additional eight to 10 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly softened. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Using a fork, lightly smash the cauliflower, leaving some pieces intact. Combine cauliflower mixture with ground chicken and/or beef. Shape into burgers.
5. Preheat oven to broil. Broil on high for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.