1. Place cashews in a large bowl and fill with enough warm water to cover. Let soak overnight or at least six hours. Drain. Blend in a food processor with lemon juice, sunflower oil, one teaspoon salt, and garlic. Blend for at least five minutes until super smooth, with no clumps. This is your cashew ricotta!
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place chicken in a 9×13 baking tray. Spray with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cover and cook for two and a half hours. (If you’re short on time, you can cook chicken at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours, or on the stovetop.) Let cool.
4. Remove any remaining bones, fat, or skin, then shred the chicken. I find it easiest to put on a pair of gloves and do this by hand.
5. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, then return to pot with olive oil and Earth Balance, and season with salt and garlic powder to taste. Add half of the cashew ricotta and stir to combine.
6. Heat a large skillet with cooking spray and sauté mushrooms. Add shredded chicken, along with half of the can of coconut milk (all of the cream and half of the water). Add pasta, remaining cashew ricotta, and remaining coconut milk, and mix to combine.