1. Mix egg white, three teaspoons cornstarch, and salt. Coat chicken and set aside.
2. For sauce, mix sherry, soy sauce, corn syrup, vinegar, and remaining two teaspoons cornstarch. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan. Add chicken, stirring until completely cooked through and white. Stir in green pepper and cashews. Remove entire mixture from frying pan to another dish. Drain oil.
4. Return frying pan to heat with one tablespoon oil. Add scallions, garlic, and ginger and sauté for one minute.
5. Add chicken with sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring gently, and boil for one minute.