1. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of salt, garlic powder, and turmeric. Mix well.
2. Add the remaining olive oil and the tomatoes. Cook for five minutes, mixing often. Once the tomatoes soften, mash them gently with a wooden spoon and mix well.
3. Add the garlic and cook for five more minutes.
4. Add the spinach and mix. Cook for one more minute.
5. Turn off heat and add fresh basil. Place on top of chicken and add salt to taste.
If you don’t want to spend time cutting the tomatoes in half, leave them whole and just cook them a bit longer. When you buy tomatoes, don’t put them in the fridge; it kills their flavor!