1. Place the base ingredients in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until small crumbs form; set aside.
2. Combine the pareve whipping cream, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla sugar, and eggs in a mixer and beat until thick and smooth. (Let it run for a little while; it beats up into ice cream consistency.) In a small mixing bowl, combine cocoa, hot water, and remaining one tablespoon sugar and stir until smooth. Add to ice cream and beat until incorporated.
3. Line two large loaf pans (approximately 4×10 inches/10×25 centimeters) with Gefen Parchment Paper and divide cherry pie filling between them, spreading evenly over the bottoms of the pans. Spoon ice cream batter into pans over the pie filling and smooth the tops.
4. Divide the cookie crumb mixture over the top of the ice cream layer in each pan. Freeze overnight.
5. When ready to serve, invert ice cream loaf onto a serving dish. Garnish with fresh cherries if desired.