1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the brown sugar, sugar, and oil until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the mixer, and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
4. Spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet, covering the whole sheet with a thin layer of dough. Bake for nine minutes. Remove and let cool.
5. Meanwhile, defrost two tubs of ice cream halfway. They should not be fully melted, but just soft.
6. Pour them into a large pan and break up the cookie dough into ice cream. Mix gently and smooth with the back of a spoon. Pour into graham cracker crusts, if using, and freeze. Let stand for five minutes before serving.