1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Beat eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed for six minutes until very light and lemony.
3. In a small bowl, combine oil, vanilla, and orange juice.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and vanilla pudding mix.
5. Add the two mixtures alternately to the eggs. Mix well.
6. Add orange zest and fold in grated chocolate. Add applesauce on low speed and mix just until incorporated. Don’t overmix.
7. Pour into a greased tube or Bundt pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool before drizzling with glaze.
8. For the glaze: Place oil, chocolate, and orange zest in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and well combined. Mix in brandy. Pour over cooled cake. Top with garnish of your choice.