1. In a pot or deep-fryer, preheat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, then add vanilla extract, eggs, and almond milk. Whisk until no lumps remain. Transfer to a large ziplock bag.
3. When the oil is hot, gently squeeze the batter into the hot oil in a round motion to create a funnel cake about two to three inches (five to six centimeters) across.
4. Fry two minutes per side, then drain on paper towels.
5. Serve over vanilla ice cream and dust with confectioners’ sugar, salt, or cayenne pepper.