1. Place whole butternut squash in a warm oven for 20 minutes. This will make it easier to cut.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in a little bit of oil until transluscent. Throw in chopped carrots and chopped sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and let them sweat for about ten minutes.
3. Remove squash from oven. Peel and cut up into chunks. Add to pot.
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Add consomme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Lower the flame and let simmer until all veggies are soft.
5. Remove some veggie chunks (set aside) and blend the soup. Return the veggies and add corn. Bring soup back to desired temperature and enjoy!