1. Rinse beans and place in a medium-sized pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain beans and set aside for later.
2. As the beans are boiling, rinse mini tomatoes and place in a medium-sized pan. Set oven to broil.
3. Drizzle tomatoes with half a teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Broil for five to seven minutes.
4. Heat two tablespoons olive oil in an eight-quart pot. Sauté onion over medium-low heat for six to eight minutes. Add garlic to pot. Saute for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Add diced celery, carrot, and zucchini. Measure in water and add contents of the spice packet. Next add in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and drained beans.
6. Bring soup to a boil. Lower heat. Add roasted tomatoes. Cover soup and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to pot and cook an additional 12–15 minutes.