I am a coffee-holic, so even though I don’t normally care for parve ice cream, this one really appeals to me. The alcohol in the liqueur keeps it creamy and the bits of fudge created by the melted chocolate add another layer of flavor. Served on chocolate lace doilies, it presents elegantly as well.
Prepare the Ice Cream
1. Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff. Set aside.
2. Beat yolks with parve whipping cream until thick and creamy.
3. Add vanilla, instant coffee, and coffee liqueur. Fold the beaten whites into the mixture.
4. Pour melted chocolate over all and marbleize carefully. Place in a large container and freeze until using.
To Make Chocolate Doilies
1. Melt chocolate of your choice — either baking or regular parve chocolate — and pipe freehand in a lattice design on Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Refrigerate until firm, then carefully peel off.
1. Place a scoop of ice cream on a chocolate doily. Top with coffee beans if desired.
You can reduce the amount of coffee liqueur if you wish, or use one tablespoon chocolate liqueur and one tablespoon coffee liqueur, or one tablespoon of liqueur in total.
Props and Styling by Goldie Stern Photography by Moshe Wulliger