1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined, then add melted butter. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour batter into muffin tins, just enough to fill the bottom of each cupcake holder. Bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively, divide batter into two nine- x 13-inch pans, bake for 30 minutes, then cut into squares or any shape you prefer. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. To make cinnamon coating, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oil. Slowly add hot water just until sugar is dissolved. Dip cooled cakes into cinnamon mixture and place onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for an additional five minutes. Let cool.
5. To make cream cheese frosting, mix cream cheese, butter, and confectioners’ sugar until fully combined. Pipe onto cinnamon bites.