Rich orange base, sharp garlic crunch, and a bright parsley finish; having simanim play out in different dishes of your Yom Tov table is always fun, but sweet roasted carrots covered in a garlic-infused oil makes it delicious as well.
Prepare the Salad
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (240 degrees Celsius).
2. Toss carrots with olive oil and spices,
then place them on a baking sheet. Bake
for 25–30 minutes until carrots are soft
and nicely roasted.
Prepare the Dressing
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and scallions and cook for about five minutes, shaking the pan, until the garlic is golden in color. Remove from heat.
3. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; mix. Set aside.
1. Prepare a bed of parsley. Top with carrots, then sesame seeds and scallions.
2. Toss with the garlic dressing and enjoy.
Styling and Photography by Devorah Applegrad.
Food Prep by Leah Hamaoui.