1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine oil, Parmesan, garlic, rosemary and chives in a bowl.
3. Use about 12 to 14 ounces of dough per epi and roll into a 16-inch log. Place on cookie sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper or tray for baking. Once these are shaped, they shouldn’t be moved!
4. Generously coat the log with the Parmesan-herb topping. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, very sparingly (a little goes a long way!).
5. Hold a sharp pair of kitchen scissors at a 45-degree angle and cut into the log, beginning at the bottom. Let the “ear” fall to one side (see photos), keeping the ear just attached, without cutting all the way to the bottom.
6. Keep making the same cuts at even intervals, letting each “ear” fall to the opposite side, until you reach the top of the log.
7. Bake immediately for 25 to 30 minutes.