1. In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat oil until hot. Add chicken bottoms and sear for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
2. Turn the pieces over and brown on the other side for another couple of minutes.
3. While the chicken is searing, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, and pepper in a small bowl; pour over browned chicken and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken cooks through and sauce reduces and begins to thicken and turn syrupy, about seven–10 minutes, basting every few minutes.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
6. Place in a serving dish and baste with any remaining sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.