1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
2. Place olive oil in a 10-inch (26-centimeter) round pan or divide between a pan of muffin cups. Set aside.
3. Sauté diced onion in palm oil until soft and golden. Allow to cool.
4. Fill a large bowl with cold water and add a few ice cubes. Steam cauliflower florets until lightly steamed, approximately five minutes. Do not over-steam or the final result will be mushy. After steaming, place in ice bath to stop the cooking process.
5. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade, beat the four egg whites until stiff. Add cooled sautéed onion and blend to a liquid. Remove the S blade and insert the “kugel” grater blade. Grate the slightly steamed cauliflower, then grate the zucchini. Empty contents of processor into a mixing bowl. Add two egg yolks and salt; mix well.
6. Place prepared pan into preheated oven and remove as soon as the oil starts to bubble. Add hot oil to the batter and mix well.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake until golden. Allow to bake for an hour, then check the kugel every 10 minutes until it reaches desired doneness. Thicker kugel takes much longer to bake and will likely be more liquidy.