1. Fill a deep medium-sized pot with two inches of oil, and set over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the beer batter: In a large bowl combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Add beer to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Do not over-mix!)
3. Add fish or cauliflower to beer batter mixture and make sure each piece has a thick coating of batter.
4. Carefully drop pieces of beer-battered fish or cauliflower into oil and fry until golden and crispy.
5. Removed fried fish or cauliflower and place on a cooling rack and continue until all the fish or cauliflower has been fried.