1. In a medium-sized pot, sauté onions in oil over low heat, until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently. (This can take about 30 minutes; raise heat slightly if the onions do not brown.)
2. Add chopped meat and stir until meat has browned.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until all lumps dissolve.
4. Pour in liquid ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in bowtie noodles and cook an additional 7–10 minutes, until cooked through. Serve immediately.