1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Arrange chicken in a medium-sized baking pan and scatter the rosemary on top.
3. Crush two cloves of garlic and sprinkle over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice the rest of the garlic into quarter-inch slices and scatter around the chicken, along with the lemon slices.
5. Pour wine and olive oil on top. Cover pan with foil and bake for one and a quarter hours for chicken bottoms, and 40 minutes for whole chicken pieces.
6. Remove the foil and roast for another 15 minutes, until golden. Serve with gravy, lemon, and garlic slices.