1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta two minutes less than the time recommended on the package instructions. Mix frequently to prevent sticking.
Strain and run under cold water to cool completely.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt two tablespoons of butter in large saucepan. Add garlic and salt and sauté until fragrant, approximately two to three minutes.
3. Add remaining butter, heavy cream, and milk. Whisk until butter is melted and ingredients are fully combined.
4. Whisk in cheese and cook until smooth and silky.
5. Fold in pasta, stirring over medium heat until pasta is evenly coated and fully heated through.
6. Serve immediately.