1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Clean chicken. Cut into eighths and set aside.
2. In a roasting pan lined with parchment paper, place onion mixed with one tablespoon oil. Lay chicken pieces on top.
3. Make a paste with the thyme, garlic, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Rub on chicken on all sides. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, smothering the chicken well.
4. Cover and bake for one and a half hours.
5. Meanwhile, combine the honey and jam and let steep in the wine in a small bowl. This infuses the wine with sweetness, enhancing the flavor of the chicken.
6. Uncover the chicken and carefully pour the wine mixture all over it. Return to the oven and continue baking for another half hour, basting once midway. Remove from oven and keep covered.