Not your ordinary stuffed chicken!
Check out our complete collection of Rosh Hashanah recipes for mains, sides, soups, desserts, and more inspiration for the holiday.
Stuff the Chicken
1. Combine stufﬁng ingredients.
2. Place one heaping tablespoon in the center of each chicken piece. Fold chicken over stufﬁng and place in nine x13-inch aluminum pan, seam-side down. Make sure chicken pieces are packed tightly in pan to prevent leaking.
Prepare the Sauce
1. In a three-quart sauté pan, sauté onion. Add chopped parsley, mushrooms, salt, garlic, and pepper and cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add wine, water, and cornstarch and cook until sauce thickens.
3. Pour sauce over chicken in pan.
1. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Baste two or three times.