1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
2. In a food processor fitted with the S blade, blend eggs, applesauce, and pitted dates until totally smooth and combined. Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and mix until just combined. Do not overmix, or it will compromise the texture.
3. Remove the batter from the food processor and divide it in half. Add desired mix-ins and shape each half into a long, narrow log. Place both logs on a lined metal baking sheet. Bake for 16–18 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. While the biscotti are cooling, lower the oven to 300 ̊degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
5. After 30 minutes, use a very sharp knife to slice each log into 14–16 slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet, placing them on their side. Bake for 12–15 minutes.
6. Turn the oven off and leave the biscotti in for about 30 more minutes to toast. (If you like your biscotti less crunchy, remove after five minutes and allow to cool.)
7. Store biscotti in a cookie jar for four days or freeze in a freezer-safe container for two to three months. They don’t fully harden when they freeze, so you can enjoy them straight from the freezer.