1. To make the garnish, preheat oven to
2. Toss roasted chickpeas ingredients in
a small mixing bowl to coat the chickpeas.
3. Spread out onto an aluminum-foil-lined baking pan and broil for five to six minutes, or until beginning to blacken. Remove from oven and set aside for garnish.
4. Blend soup using an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Add shredded carrots and cook an additional 15 minutes. If necessary, add water to achieve desired consistency.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot and garnish with roasted chickpeas.
Tips: The roasted and seasoned chickpeas can be used
as a flavorful garnish for many side dishes as well — think mashed potatoes, rice, salads, etc.