This salmon dish reminds me of an inside-out eggroll. The base of the salad is a warm eggroll-style filling – cabbage and carrots with a sprinkling of bean sprouts.
This recipe can be prepped in advance and brought to work or school for a delicious, filling lunch. I serve this with wonton crisps, but half a sweet potato or brown rice would be great, too.
Prepare the Salmon
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper and place on a greased baking tray. Bake 12–15 minutes for fresh or defrosted salmon or 15–18 minutes for frozen salmon. Leave whole or break into pieces.
Frozen pre-portioned salmon is perfect for this recipe. Just grab a piece from the freezer, no defrosting needed.
Prepare the Salad
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil. Add coleslaw mix and bean sprouts and sauté until slightly wilted. Drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce and cook on a medium flame until wilted. Add hot sauce if desired.
2. Transfer to a plate or an airtight container (for make-ahead meal prep) and place salmon on top. Sprinkle peanuts over.
Prepare the Wonton Crisps
1. Arrange wonton wrappers on a greased baking sheet in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until crisp, about five minutes.
3. If not using right away, store in a separate container.