1. Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode, High. Add oil.
2. Add the flour and begin to whisk. Whisk continuously until the mixture turns golden and has a nutty smell.
3. Pour in the chicken stock while whisking. Continue to whisk continuously until the stock becomes hot.
4. Press cancel to turn off the Instant Pot. Add in all remaining ingredients in any order.
5. Stir to combine. Then using the back of your spoon, run over the top to smooth everything down under the liquid level.
6. Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Turn the vent from “venting” to “sealing.” Set the Instant Pot to Soup, Normal, 30 minutes. Now the Pot will take over! It will take a few minutes first to pressurize, then it will cook for 30 minutes. When done, it will let off a series of beeps.
7. At this point, you can turn the vent knob from “sealing” to “venting.” Do this carefully!! Steam will immediately start shooting out the top. Do not have your hand (or face or anything) over the knob! When the pressure is fully released, the red pressure indicator will drop down.
8. Once the indicator is dropped, you can turn unlock the lid and open the pot. Stir and serve! The Instant Pot will hold the food on keep warm mode automatically. Just turn it off when you are done eating. If you cannot be around when the Pot is ready, it’s ok to let the pressure release naturally. Just be sure that the red indicator is down before opening the lid.