1. Arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a nine-inch pie dish (or any baking pan) with baking spray.
2. Slice the fruit into thin wedges and add to a large bowl. Mix fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until evenly coated. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add in the egg, extracts, and lemon juice and zest. Mix until a smooth batter forms. Pour flour, baking powder, and salt right over the wet ingredients and mix everything together until just combined.
4. Strain the liquid out of the fruit mixture and then pour fruit into prepared baking dish. Round pieces of the cobbler dough between your palms and arrange over the fruit. Flatten the balls of dough slightly.
5. Place cobbler onto lower oven rack and bake for about 28 to 32 minutes, or until fruit juices are bubbling and edges of cobbler are golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.