1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the two lemons, by removing the pointed ends and cutting the remaining part into four even round slices each, for a total of eight round slices.
2. Drizzle two tablespoons of oil at the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch roasting pan.
3. Lay the lemon slices over the bottom of the pan in a flat layer.
4. Top the lemon slices with the pieces of chicken, arranged skin-side up.
5. Sprinkle kosher salt, black pepper, and thyme evenly over the chicken.
6. Drizzle the tops of the chicken evenly with remaining oil.
7. Bake uncovered for between one hour and one hour 15 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the skin is crisp.