1. Season flanken with salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add meat and sear for two to three minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
3. Add the minced garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add additional sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Return meat to the pan, lower the heat, and simmer covered for four to five hours or until meat is tender and falls off the bone.
6. Shred meat and mix in two to three tablespoons of gravy, reserving any additional gravy for serving.