1. Mix the almond powder and confectioner’s sugar together. Add the first egg white and mix well.
2. In a saucepan, combine water and sugar, and let the mixture come to 116°C (241°F).
3. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat remaining egg whites until stiff peaks form, then lower the mixer speed and gradually add your hot sugar syrup.
4. Once the syrup is all poured in, return the mixer to maximum speed until the mixer bowl is warm. If adding food coloring, add here.
5. With a rubber spatula, fold in the almond powder mixture in three parts, adding a little at a time so as not to deflate the egg whites.
6. Transfer your macaron mixture to a large piping bag, and pipe small circles onto a baking sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper.
7. Bake for 18 minutes in oven preheated to 125°C (257°F). Let cool.