1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). Wash and dry beets. Pierce each beet a few times all around with the prongs of a fork. Wrap each beet separately in a piece of silver foil. Place all three beet bundles in a small baking pan. Place pan on the center rack in your oven and roast for one hour. Allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, wash and dry the acorn squash. Microwave on high for two minutes to loosen the peel. (If microwave is unavailable, continue here. It will work, it will only be slightly more difficult to peel.) Place on a cutting board and slice in half. Clean out center. Slice into wedges. Cut away outer peel.
3. Layer peeled acorn squash wedges in an oven-to-tableware or greased ramekins. Drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning once (it should be fork tender). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Ginger Pecan Crunch: Mix flour, sugars, cinnamon, and ginger in a small bowl. Cut margarine pieces in and mash with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in chopped pecans and set aside.
5. When beets are done roasting and cooled, open foil and peel off the skin. Slice into thin wedges. Place in the baking pan with the squash. Mix all dressing ingredients together. Pour over roasted vegetables and toss together. Top with Ginger Pecan Crunch and return to oven for 20 minutes. Can be enjoyed warm or room temperature.