1. When your dough is ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take a muffin pan and put cupcake liners directly in the muffin pan.
3. Lightly flour your surface, and cut your dough into four parts.
4. Roll each one of the parts one at a time until the dough is around 1/4-inch thick.
5. Cut your dough into circles that match your size of the cupcake liner. It does not have to be perfect.
6. Repeat with the three other parts of the dough.
7. When done, take the scrapes of the dough and add it, if needed, to the cupcake liner. It should be about halfway up the liner.
8. Add the apple mixture to the cupcake liners.
9. With the last part of the dough, roll it out to be around 1/4-inch thick. Then cut in half horizontally and cut strips that are 1/8-inch-wide vertically.
10. Over your cupcake liners, place three of the strips of dough vertically and two of the strips of dough horizontally.
11. Then, crisscross to create the lattice work.
12. Brush with an egg yolk.
13. Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
Notes: If you don’t have spelt flour you can just use 1/2 cup more of the regular flour.
If you don’t have cane sugar, for the dough you can use regular sugar and add four tablespoons.
For the apple mixture you can also use regular sugar, but increase to 3/4 cup.