1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, vanilla, and soy milk. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
3. Grease 30 mini muffin tins. Fill three-quarters full and set aside.
4. Prepare the streusel. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
5. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and cool completely before glazing.
6. Combine all glaze ingredients and drizzle over muffins. Any leftover glaze can be frozen.
For a low-fat, healthier muffin, use whole wheat pastry flour and use two tablespoons oil and three tablespoons applesauce (that’s what I used for the photo!). These are delicious as an accompaniment to a cup of herbed tea.