1. Using a medium-sized scoop, form ice cream into balls. Place on Gefen Easy Baking Parchment-lined baking sheet and place in freezer. Allow to freeze for at least an hour, and up to a day in advance.
2. Meanwhile, prepare crumbs: Place cornflakes and Rice Krispies in the food processor with the knife attachment and pulse to form fine crumbs, leaving a few small pieces.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan. Stir in crushed cereal. Add pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg, if using. Heat together for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. Add sugar and mix together well. Pour out onto a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
5. Once the crumbs are cooled, roll the ice cream balls evenly in the crumb mixture to coat, pressing the crumbs gently to get them to stick. Roll just a few at a time, returning the rest to the freezer to prevent them from melting.
6. Return coated balls to the freezer until serving. Garnish with chocolate or caramel syrup and whipped cream, or honey and candied pecans.
Instead of ice cream scoops, you can make this in mini rectangle silicone molds, so you end up with tiny “bars” of mock fried ice cream. You can even stack one flavor on top of the other before coating. You can fargin yourself at least two!