1. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar together. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and remaining ingredients and combine well. Place dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). Form into balls and place on baking sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool before frosting.
4. For frosting, melt margarine in a plastic bowl in the microwave. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and enough liquid to achieve a spreading consistency
5. Spread a small amount on the center of each cookie. Dip into the topping of your choice before the frosting hardens.
If you like a lot of frosting on your cookies, double the amount of frosting. When serving at a special event, use a variety of toppings. To serve, line up cookies with the same topping in rows. It looks really attractive on a platter.